Hello all members and current officers of the 106th Fleet! I hope this news announcement finds you all well. As you know we have been toying with the notion of changing how things work here in the 106th. After months of thought and putting the original change on hold indefinitely I think we finally came up with a structure that will benefit all involved and ensure the fleet's survivability for the long run.
For many years the 106th Fleet has been based on order and a semi-rigid structure. This worked great for us for a long time. But as the years went by and Star Trek Online grew apart from what the game really was, so did the activity and eagerness to play it. We fought tooth and nail to keep the fleet active and afloat using this current structure. We have come to the conclusion it was time to do something different.
This fleet has been through some rough times with me and my staff at the helm. We have seen slow times, busy times, disgruntled members and exodus. We are really no stranger to hardship. But somehow we as a fleet have always managed to pull through and warp forward. I am convinced this change will be no different for us. While some may complain that this isn't the right direction or that they are "getting the short end of the stick", we have to remember this is for the betterment of the fleet as a whole and not the advancement of the individual.
During this transition, bank access is very limited.
This change is scheduled starting 7/18 thru 7/20 (2014). It may be complete all in one day or over the course of the time allotted.
2. Fleet Leader
3. Project Leader
4. Veteran (Same as now)
7. Provisional member (change probation to contribution amount)
1. Founder - This allows the members of this group to still lead the fleet but at a more "reduced" state. Our position will still be that of "in command" but also be more of a "consultant". This position will still be the head of the fleet.
2. Fleet Leader - Fleet leaders will occupy this spot. There will be no change in most of the permissions, it now just reflects the proper rank structure correctly. As with the old structure, I was a Fleet Admiral and all other fleet leaders were just Admirals. Fleet Leaders will still be the primary command of the fleet and will execute the structure set forth by the founder. This position will have a very limited number of positions available to fill.
3. Project Leader - This rank is designed to be the head of the (now) unofficial groups of the fleet as well as "Fleet Holdings" organizers. They would be responsible to keep the projects running and to make sure the provisions are kept stocked and ready for use. Members of this group would consult with one another on the best way to proceed to advance the fleet holdings and projects. Members of this group will not act on their own to slot projects and holdings. For major upgrades of any holding, they will consult with the leaders and founders of the fleet. These members would also be under the direction of the fleet leaders and founders on how to complete their tasks. They would also be tasked with running the localized groups. This position will have a very limited number of positions available to fill.
4. Veteran - Same as it is now. This would be for members who achieved at least one year in the fleet as a member.
5. Recruiters - These are the members of the fleet who have a desire to bring new people to the fleet. Members of this group can still be part of the (now) unofficial groups of the fleet like RED, PVE, etc.. Members of this group will be under the direction of the Personnel Leader and have appropriate guidance and training so they may complete their position effectively and efficiently. This position will have a very limited number of positions available to fill.
6. Members - All members who don't fit anywhere else will belong to this group.
7. Provisional Member - This is for the new recruits. Members will remain at this rank until they meet the requirements to promote to "member". Members in this group will now be required to earn a set amount of Fleet Credits (tracked by the roster under "Overall Contributions") with our fleet before they can promote. The 30 day requirement will be removed in favor of this new process. This will ensure that members are contributing to the advancement of the fleet before the promote. It will also help move the projects along because these members will want to promote to gain access to the provisioned stores. The promotion requirement will be PER TOON, not account. Each toon a member has must meet the requirement before they can be promoted. Tracking of this requirement will be up to the member, not the personnel person and it will be their requirement to notify said person that they have meet the requirement. New members will be required to earn one million fleet credits with our fleet before they can promote to "member". The said amount may be changed in the future and current members who are on "recruit" status will be exempt. They will still be on the 30 day probation.
The charter and all relevant documents will have to change to reflect the new structure.
Everyone will be on a 90 day inactive period before they are kicked (including MOST Veterans). There will be no more activity requirements other than the 90 day requirement. This rule is also at the discretion of the Personnel Leader.
There will be no more requirements including reports and evaluations. Project leaders may schedule small/quick meetings with their members but there will be no requirements to attend. General meetings will be kept at one a month with no guarantees the meeting will be kept.
Recruiters will get 10 days of inactivity before they are demoted. Anyone above a recruiter will get 30 days of inactivity before they are demoted back down to "member" (excluding Veterans).
Any rank may belong "unofficially" to a group like RED or PvE. They may also "belong" to more than one unoffical group at a time. The groups really won't exist anymore officially, but unofficially. Therefore this allows for a member to "contribute" on a wider basis.
Salaries and banking permissions will be changing with this update. This is to be determined at a later date on how they will change. However, the change will include a "tightening" of the bank and its permissions and all permissions will be locked down except for project leaders, fleet leaders and founders.
A change to the recruiting process will also happen with this update. Details on this change are still being worked out. Until this is finalized, the application process is closed.
The upcoming changes are subject to alteration with or without notice.
Again, we appreciate all interactions and discussions to be positive and civil regarding this change. Altercations could be considered drama and thus advocate your removal from the fleet. I don't want to see this happen but we really want this to move forward as smooth as possible. Thank you for you understanding in this matter.
Last edited by Jeremy of the 106th on July 16, 2014 12:23:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
This change is coming about as a direct result of the direction of the game and how Noveta and I feel about the time this fleet consumes from our daily lives. At one time, this game meant the world to me and Noveta. We met interesting people and enjoyed playing with each and every one. Seeing as how the fleet still means the world to us and what we have all created here, we will continue to see this fleet through.
However over time this game slowly drifted away from its true meaning and what it meant to us. It was once driven by spirit and hope but now it is just about the money. We know this game takes money to keep it afloat, but not in the manner it is now. Now it is just another Asian grind game that isn't Trek.
We are in no way saying we are quitting this game. We are saying we want time to do other things in our life. In order to do that, we have to restructure things. One of them being this fleet. Now some may say that no change is needed to accommodate us, but lets be honest. We have heard the recent complaints about "No one is on" or "Fleet Command never comes on anymore". If we truly didn't need to be here, these complaints would not come up and the fleet would be flourishing. But lets face it, it is not even close. Activity does increase when we log on, but no the to magnitude everyone thinks it does when the leaders are excessively active. But it does seem we need to log on frequently to "micro manage" as some put it. We shouldn't have to with the structure laid out plainly on the fleet website. But for some reason if we don't, the fleet seems to drift away from its structure and order.
This new structure should allow the fleet to continue on a better path with very little rigidity and focus on more fun, less structure and less time from Noveta and I. Of course we will still have the fleet charter and such to direct purpose and what we expect from our members. Our charter will always "be".
The change should be completed on all fronts with the exception to the bank permissions and the recruiting process. It didn't take me as long as I thought it would to move some things around and make the edits to the documents. I am sure there will be some things I missed so if you notice anything, please let me know.
On another note, with the change, please be sure to re-review the fleet charter as there have been modifications there as well...
We will get the bank permissions sorted when Jax and I can get some time together to discuss how we want to structure it. In the mean time, the Miscellaneous and Fleet Trade tabs are still open for business...
Project leaders, please get with your former officers to explain how things are going to run from this time forward. They are more than welcome to stay and assist the groups but at a more casual rate.
If you have any questions, please use the link listed above that will take you to the general discussion area.
My apologies go out to the incorrect listing of the amount of Fleet Credits that need to be earned. I miss-read the number I was using to implement our required amount. It SHOULD have been 100,000 (One Hundred Thousand), not 1,000,000 (One Million). This has been changed to reflect that in our charter.
This was brought to my attention via an email I received today. Thank you!
Please accept my apologies and if you have any questions, please feel free to PM or mail me.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum